- Local Expert Guide
- Full Length Wetsuit
- Kayaking Safety Gear
- Kayaking Equipment
- Pre-Tour Tuition
- Mid Tour Snack
- Chocolatey Hot Drink
- Return Transportation from our booking office to kayaking start location
Sea Cave Kayaking Experience Overview
- PHYSICALITY : 2/5
- AVAILABLE DATES : March - October
- EXPERIENCE DURATION : 3 Hours (2.5 hours of Paddle Time)
- SWIMMING REQUIRED : No
- START TIME - FINISH TIME: Half Day (Morning) – 10.00am to 1.00pmHalf Day (Afternoon) – 2.00pm to 5.00pmNote : Check in at least 15 minutes before the tour start time.
- MEETING LOCATION : The Irish Experience Booking Office,Main St, Fethard-On-Sea, Hook Peninsula, Co Wexford.Eircode : Y34 P778. Google Maps Location : Click Here
- PRICES : Double Kayak (2 People) – €99.99 (Minimum Age 8 + Adult)Single Kayak (1 Person) – €54.99 (Minimum Age 13)*Children 12 years of age & under must enjoy this experience in one of our awesome double kayaks accompanied by an adult.
- MINIMUN AGE : 8
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Bottle of Water / Soft Drink*
- Footwear you don’t mind getting wet / Wetsuit Boots or Aqua Shoes*
- Arrive wearing shorts or bathing suit so tradition into a wetsuit is easy (Please avoid cotton)
- Extra snack if required e.g bar, nuts etc
- Sun cream*
*Available for purchase or rent in the booking office (Check in location)
- Approximately 3 hour Sea Cave Kayaking Experience (allow additional time before and after this experience for check-in, gearing up and gearing down).
- Fully guided experience with an expert kayaking guide who will bring your stunning surrounds to life!
- Discover the Sea Caves and arches during a truly magical experience, one which you will never forget.
- We explore, discover and immerse you in this amazing geographical peninsula location
- Listen to epic stories of battles and invasion where The Normans derailed Irish history forever on our doorstep!
- We will find a hidden beach or cove to land our kayaks on as a midway stop.
- Re-energize yourself with a mid-tour hot drink & snack included! Yum! Yum!
- Spot our local seals who occasionally tail our kayaks to see what you are up to!
- Beautiful marine wildlife such as dolphins, basking sharks and an impressive variety of coastal birds use the same habitat that we carefully explore.
- Whether you are a complete novice or you have kayaked before, this is an experience that will heighten your senses and excite.
- We will safely guide you out of your comfort zone and into your ‘adventure zone’ on this experience to remember!
The Irish Experience offers you our amazing and unique Sea Cave Kayaking Experience along the visually stunning southern coastline of Ireland, taking in the very best Atlantic Ocean location of Ireland’s Ancient East. This Sea Cave Kayaking Experience is a truly unique and exhilarating way to explore this magical and visually stunning coastline. The incredibly beautiful natural area around The Hook Peninsula in County Wexford is steeped in jaw dropping historical stories with rich heritage and diverse wildlife which you will enjoy throughout this fantastic experience.
Kayaking on The Hook Peninsula is not to be missed, we have an impressive variety of coastline packed full of hidden gems to be discovered. This includes ; golden sandy beaches, craggy coves, cracks and crevasses which comprise of an impressive variety of Sea Caves to discover. This includes one of the most impressive examples of a natural Sea Cave you will ever have the pleasure to enter by kayak.
We are based on the stunning Hook Peninsula which is a natural and beautiful outcrop of rugged land jolting out off the south west Wexford coast. The peninsula has a diverse mix of magnificent natural landscapes such as beautiful sandy beaches, hidden coves, tall rugged rocky cliffs and low lying limestone slabs that reach out of the Atlantic Ocean clinging to the land. This all gives home to an array of wildlife which we will discover along our way.
The Hook Peninsula is most famous for being home to the oldest operational lighthouse in the world! (800+ Years). The Hook Lighthouse still stands proud at Hook Head, completely intact and still in use, looking magnificent for miles around. With stunning sights and scenes of epic drama in days of old the place is also steeped in epic history, stories of destruction that you must hear form us! Today it is one of the most beautiful and truly peaceful areas of coast to visit in Ireland.
|Ticket type||Half Day (morning), Half Day (afternoon)|
|Kayak type||Single kayaks, Double kayaks|