- All Safety Gear including Buoyancy Aid & Helmets
- Kayaking equipment
- Wetsuits are available to be rented at a special Mini-Tour discounted rate of 50% OFF
- PHYSICALITY : 1/5
- AVAILABLE DATES : June - September
- EXPERIENCE DURATION : 1.5 Hours (1 hour of paddle time approx)
- SWIMMING REQUIRED : No
- START TIME - FINISH TIME: Morning - 11:30am to 1:00pm* Afternoon - 1:30pm to 3:00pm* Evening - 3:30pm to 5:00pm* Note : Check in at least 15 minutes before the tour start time. *Subject to availability (Click 'Book Now' to check)
- MEETING LOCATION : The Irish Experience Booking Office,Main St, Fethard-On-Sea, Hook Peninsula, Co Wexford.Eircode : Y34 P778. Google Maps Location : Click Here
- PRICES : Standard : €29.99 Child (12 Years & Under) : €19.99 Family (2 Standard + 2 Children) : €79.99
- MINIMUN AGE : 5
- TOUR SUITABILITY : Family's with younger children. Please do not book in an adult group
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Bottle of water
- Runners you don’t mind getting wet
- Shorts or bathing suit for under wetsuit (Please avoid cotton)
- Snack e.g bar, nuts, flapjack etc
- Sun cream
The Irish Experience offers you and your family a fun filled Sea Kayaking “Mini Tour” Experience in the visually stunning Baginbun Bay and coastline of the beautiful Hook Peninsula which stands proudly out into the Atlantic ocean. Sea Kayaking with us is a truly unique, exhilarating and fun way to explore and discover what this beautiful location truly has to offer. We’ll find and land on hidden beaches, discover sea caves and check out the local wildlife while taking you and your family on an adventure to remember!
The stunning natural area around The Hook Peninsula in County Wexford is very much steeped in history with a rich heritage and diverse wildlife, we will discover all this along our way.
Minimum recommended minimum age : 5 Years Old
Note : This experience is designed for families with young kids, please do not book in adult groups
- Approximately 1.5 hours fun filled adventure
- Spot grey seals and harbor seals who occasionally tail our kayaks to see what we are doing on their turf
- Dolphins, basking sharks and an impressive variety of coastal birds are also using the same habitat that we will explore
- Discovering the sea caves at this location is a truly magical experience that you won’t forget
- Family Friendly – Your kids are sure to have a fantastic time!
- Whether you are a complete novice or are well versed at sea kayaking, we have the experience for your family and will challenge you to get out of your comfort zone and into your adventure zone!
The stunning Hook Peninsula is a beautiful outcrop of land jolting out off the south west Wexford coast. The peninsula has a diverse mix of magnificent sandy beaches, rugged rocky cliffs and limestone slabs giving home to an array of wildlife. We are most famous for being home to the oldest operational lighthouse in the world! (800+ Years). The Hook Lighthouse still stands proud at Hook Head, completely intact and looking magnificent for miles around. With stunning sights and scenes of epic drama in days of old the place is steeped in history and stories of destruction that you must hear! Today it is one of the most beautiful and truly peaceful areas of coast to visit in Ireland.
|Ticket type||Half Day (morning), Half Day (afternoon)|
|Kayak type||Single kayaks, Double kayaks|